Saws - Rule of thumb

… and if necessary you can saw on an angle <horrors!> to
achieve this tooth/thickness ratio! Actually, I find that sawing
smooth curves on an angle gets them smoother.

Brian
B r i a n =A0 A d a m R u t h B a i r d J e w e l l e r y
http://www.adam.co.nz ph/fx +64 9 817 6816 NEW ZEALAND
http://www.adam.co.nz/ruthbaird/

and if necessary you can saw on an angle <horrors!> to achieve
this tooth/thickness ratio!  Actually, I find that sawing
smooth curves on an angle gets them smoother.

What’s so horrible? Good technique too, if you really need a
straight cut, and are not following curves. A little harder to
do, though, since with the frame not vertical, the back can tend
to wobble side to side more, and you need a more gentle touch and
all…

Peter

Just a thought… I like the idea of straighter lines with the
angled blade. Just like lining up the length of a file with a
straight edge when filing. If you insert your benchpin upside
down the sheet being sawn will be at a slight angle. I don’t
think it would be too hard to make a support with an even
steeper angle and you could still have your saw frame vertical.

Chunk Kiesling