Enamelists: address requests

Hi to all Enamelists on Orchid, those I’ve met & those I have not.
I was able to rescue a few e-mail addresses (Pat, Karenworks,
Richard & Donna) after my computer ate the entire “book”, but I
know I’m missing many. Those wishing to continue dialogs on
enameling, please forward me your e-mail addresses. I usually
respond off list as questions come up, considering this is an
"arcane" art & not everyone will be interested in yak or replies. I
enjoy Orchid immensely, struggling as I am with metalsmithing
skills, stone setting, soldering, ventilation, etc. And always
looking for good tools & materials suppliers. Great
great people & a wonderful new search engine.

Eileen Schneegas
Snow Goose Designs
(Metal & Enamel Arts)
@D_A_Schneegas

I am an ispiring enamelist and metalsmith. Please add my address to your
list. Any enameling I can suck up, I am most grateful for!!

HI…I would like to receive any questions and answers concerning enameling…
I have done a lot of enameling long time ago but may start again as Jean Stark is
going to hopefully give another class on enameling… I hope she will be doing her
apples and pears and above all else… faces....Thanks...calgang@aol.com

Where will Jean Stark be giving her enamelling classes?

Hi

I’d like to be added to the enamlists group as well. I’ve done enamel on
copper and would like to learn a more refined technique to add to my
silver and gold work.

Thanks,
Karen

I enamel with Felicia Liban in NYC. I would love to be part of this group.

hi, i Like enameling, my glassblowing experience helps as well as high
fired ceramics knowledge and friends in the field: flux is flux. Cobalt
makes blue, :slight_smile: anyhow add me to any enamelling group discussions. Robb

Dear Eileen, Please add me to your list. I’ve loved enameling since
seventh grade. Although primarily a metalsmith, I took Dee Fontans class
last summer. Want to know more!!! Thanx

Am a bit confused. I would like to participate in any enameling
discussions. Is anyone starting a separate group or will discussions be
part of this group? Thanks

Hello Enamelists:
I have not been reading much of this thread because I do not enamel. I
would like to make a suggestion. If you do form a separate group, it would
be great if some of you could save the emails so if somebody on Orchid has
a question about enameling you could dump on them. That is
assuming some of you will continue on with Orchid. The greatest thing
about this forum is the diversity of talents. Just my 2cents worth.

Michael Mathews Victoria,Texas USA

Am a bit confused. I would like to participate in any enameling
discussions. Is anyone starting a separate group or will discussions be
part of this group?

Wondered this myself. I hope its a part of Orchid and not another group.
I don’t enamel (yet, anyway) but certainly want to see the discussion.
Thanks,

Nancy
ICQ # 9472643
Bacliff, Texas Gulf Coast USA

Hello Eileen: Please add my name to your list enamel enthusiast list.
Thanks.

please add me to your list… I work in silver, gold, niobium… have
enamelled, lampworked and am learning how to blow glass. I bead, and
frabricate and electroform, and enamel and forge - seem to be all over
the place- but the work is consistent What ever technique works for my
purposes. Thanks Joan

I hope its a part of Orchid and not another group.
I don’t enamel (yet, anyway) but certainly want to see the discussion.

Nancy - I agree - I’d hate to cut off discussion from Orchid - I know I’ve
learned too much of other subjects to want to do that !!

Laura Wiesler
Towson, Maryland
@bgoren1

Since Mr. 'puter was acting up and I missed a bunch of this,
is this the beginning of an enamelist list? Should this not be
on Orchid for all of the world to enjoy and delete as desired?

I do some enamel work on fine silver when the piece needs
some bright colors. If there is a separate list, please include
me in the listing.

Bill
Vista, California

Hi to all Enamelists on Orchid, those I’ve met & those I have not. I was
able to rescue a few e-mail addresses (Pat, Karenworks, Richard & Donna)
after my computer ate the entire “book”, but I know I’m missing many.
Those wishing to continue dialogs on enameling, please forward me your
e-mail addresses. I usually respond off list as questions come up,
considering this is an “arcane” art & not everyone will be interested in
yak or replies. I enjoy Orchid immensely, struggling as I am with
metalsmithing skills, stone setting, soldering, ventilation, etc. And
always looking for good tools & materials suppliers. Great
great people & a wonderful new search engine.

Eileen Schneegas
Snow Goose Designs
(Metal & Enamel Arts)
@D_A_Schneegas

My intent with the above, since it is not perfectly clear, was to engage
the enamelists on Orchid in dialogue about enameling, off the Orchid List,
ONLY because I felt there would be a very small percentage of audience
interest. I did not want to hog space on Orchid. Over the course of the
last week, I have gotten indications that there is more interest in
enameling than I had ever thought! I am not set up to form my own list (I
never would have time for anything else if I did!), would discussions
about enameling, answers to questions, etc. be welcome posted to the
entire list? The subject line would hopefully always be clear that the
message concerned enameling, so people could delete without reading if
they had no interest. Then the threads of discussion could be added to
the archives (another chore I was not looking forward to, setting up some
kind of private archives). A lot of the I would like to
discuss will come from various published texts. What I usually do is name
the source (authors, title) & set anything directly copied off by quote
marks. Is there anything else required to avoid possible concerns of
plagiarism? I would like to answer questions that come up & also write
something I’m calling Enamel Bits. Bits will be a range of topics. I’m
moving to England in July. One of my “missions” over the next 2 years
will be to locate enamellers (British spelling), continue my education in
enameling & metalsmithing, find collections of enamels, meet other
enamelers, etc. I would like to write about those experiences. I wrote a
short message about using lead bearing & lead free enamels in the same
piece of art, as this is a common question among enamelers. I will send
that on to you as well, so you can judge the flavor of what I would like
to do with Enamel Bits.

Orchid is indeed a unique list & if posts on enameling would add to
everyone’s enjoyment, I would love to post stuff list wide. I will always
seek permission from private posters before shooting their words out to
the list (if I run into some off list discussions). Your thoughts will be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Eileen

Eileen,

MHO is that posts should be on-list. A clear subject title will allow
those not interested to ‘delete’.

Nancy <@nbwidmer>
ICQ # 9472643
Bacliff, Texas Gulf Coast USA

Although I am still trying to learn and start in jewelry, this is just the
sort of thing I hoped for from joining this list: A variety of topics
with discussion from the experts and the novices. Please keep the enamel
discussion on list!

I always sort this mail by subject, and after reading a few on a subject,
can usually tell what I want to delete without reading. No offense
intended! Some of this stuff is way over my head.

Thanks for the great info!
Kathy

Dear ellen, I would hope you would keep your answers on line. Orchid that
is . All you have to say is enamel and the people who are interested will
look at it…

anyway here is my email address again… thanks calgang@aol.com