Anyone Buys Chipped Diamonds?

Anyone knows of anyone that buys chipped or broken diamonds?
Thanks…

Hi, Most diamond dealers buy them and Shops like myself buy
larger chipped stones, but if your inquiring about Mellee, it
would all depend on the quality and clarity and you would
probably have to send it to get a price,

Sincerely
Chris
http://www.tace.com/glitters
All That Glitters

    Anyone knows of anyone that buys chipped or broken
diamonds? Thanks....

what sizes and carat weights of parcels??

To really understand the situation, you must first define how
much the diamond will lose after recutting. Factoring in the
(1)quality -(2) recut weight - (3)and the cost to recut will give
you an idea of the diamond value. “Chipped” diamonds can be very
valuable. Learn to calculate the value and you will be dealing
form a position of strength. Rob Ringold

That is true, we must evaluate the diamonds, but as I mentioned
if we are talking mellee and of poor quality or good quality,
there is no point in recutting it unless you are doing the
recutting yourself and it is not costing you anything, of course
it pays to recut a larger stone.

A very simple way of deciding is can you make enough money on that
diamond after it is recut!

Thanks Chris All That glitters http://www.tace.com/glitters

Yes we do email us at JVPCO@AOL.COM

To really understand the situation, you must first define how much
the diamond will lose after recutting.

I heard they didn’t bother with recutting, they just filled it
with synth or glass. They also take stones with large
inclusions and “drill and fill.” I have no knowledge though,
just mere gossip at the gem & min club.