Cameos

Is there a good way to clean/polish older cameos? I have some
that were given to me. They are perhaps, 30-40 years old. Is it
likely that they were set in a gold filled/plated metal? I can’t
tell what the metal is. There are no markings on them.

Thanks,

Bob B

To those who ask about cleaning Cameos. According to National
Jeweler magazine they should be cleaned only with denatured
alcohol, never rubbing alcohol.

Bob

Hi,every one, I would like to you about a site we have just
developed. This is a group of cameos from most of the different
periods, Victorian,Noveau,Deco,and Moderne. This site is a
excellent referance to cameos, there periods, materials,designs,
themes, and relitive value. If anyone has any question please
feel free to call us on our toll free telephone number. I hope
that the site provides that is helpful. Thank You Robby

Robby & Stephanie Packer
Renaisance Jewelers
@jewelry
TOLL FREE (888) 303-0091 or (352) 332-3991

http://gator.net/~jewelry/

“Where Heirlooms are Created and Legends Live On”